Reviews and Interviews
From time to time www.readwritelearnwell.com will feature reviews of the following products of interest to primary and high-school aged students, their parents and teachers:
Reviews will focus on:
Reviews will focus on:
- WHAT the text is about: its genre, subject and any relevant contextual details.
- HOW effectively it gets its message across: that is, any strengths and weaknesses of characterisation; themes; plot and other structural techniques; and the use of specific language devices that strengthen (or weaken) the telling of the story.
- WHO or WHAT this text may be relevant to, and HOW it could be used: be it leisure reading, classroom reading, or teacher professional development.
- I accept the following: picture books, young adult fiction, non fiction and non-fiction books of interest to teachers and parents, related to the development of literacy skills such as reading, writing, spelling, vocabulary and viewing and responding to visual texts. Curriculum textbooks will be also be accepted for review.
- Submitted copies can be in hard copy or e-book form. Preference will be given to e-books, and should be in a format readable on an Amazon Kindle: .AZW, .PDF, unprotected .MOBI, .PRC.
- Submitting this book does not entitle or guarantee the publisher or author to a review or any form of compensation from this site or its owner. No guarantees are given as to the time frame that the review copy will be read within, but once a review is written, the publisher will be notified in writing via email.
- In submitting the review copy, the publisher or author affirms they have the right to distribute this title, and that they accept that any review will be the HONEST opinion of the reviewer.
- Any hard copy review titles will be donated to a school library of my choosing, whether reviewed or unreviewed.
- Copies MUST be available for Australian purchase.
- If you are in agreement with these conditions, and would like to submit work for review, then please contact me here, ensuring you provide BRIEF details on the following:
- Author Bio
- Brief description and genre
- Where the title can be purchased
Author interviews are also encouraged on www.readwritelearnwell. If you are an author, and would like to participate in an interview then please contact me here to discuss further.